CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday 29 May 2009

The Hippy Hippy Shake


From tie die tunics to groovy headscarves Carrie certainly knew how to work the hippy look and it has come back in a rather shameless way for SS 09.


My favourite hippy-look item on the high street at the moment is this yellow floral skirt by Red Herring. The reason I like it so much is that it is very different from a lot of the other stuff being put out on the clothes rack this season. It's shapely but the mini element keeps it fun. It is currently reduced to just £15.40 at Debenhams.


A more subtle way to give your wardrobe the hippy make over is with scarves and I have totally fallen in love with this coral patterned number from Missoni. At $100 I suppose it is quite a lot to pay for a scarf but if we're talking value for money it's a good buy. It's an incredibly versatile item and could easily be used to jazz up an old jacket come Autumn. You can buy this item at Net A Porter.


The last thing on my summer of love wish list is this gorgeous floral necklace from Dorothy Perkins. It is £50.00 which again is a lot of money to pay for a piece of fashion jewellery but, well, just look at it! This would look fabulous over a tee or a vest and is so well designed in my opinion it's actually reached statement status.

8 comments:

Cari said...

Wow! That necklace is GORGEOUS! So detailed...

Anonymous said...

you should get some! theyre a great accessory! i also LOVE that necklace, its amazing! x

Fashion Personality said...

Wow! Nice! I adore these flora outfits.

Elizabeth Marie said...

That floral necklace is amazing! 50 is worth it when you can just pair it with a wife beater and jeans and look fabulous!

Thank you for following me! The feeling is mutual hun!
XOXO,
Liz

Marsi @ The Cottage Cheese said...

I just love that collage! I am lusting over about half of those pieces. And that necklace is like a work of art!

Dream Sequins said...

I like that white dress in the foreground, and I'm loving the idea of adding scarves to a plain looking ensemble to make it more bohemian...

Unknown said...

the skirt is gorgeous!!

tnx a lot for your lovely comment :))

Anonymous said...

this purse is awesome!!