CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday 10 April 2009

The Ladies Who Lunch Look


It won't be long now before we're tucking into all those lovely chocolate eggs! Having had chocolate for breakfast and elevenses however it seems only fitting that we balance our act of gluttony with an act of grace and go for an elegant lunch with the family. Of course, looking dignified with that much saturated fat inside you can be tricky, so you're going to have to let fashion do all the hard work for you!


The Ladies Who Lunch look is the epitome of chastity, a sort of under-stated bridal look that is classy through and through. Start with a white fitted jacket with nice feminine lines. This tailored jacket from Mango is just the job. It only costs £45 and the tie in waist will do wonders for your silhouette.


Team your jacket with a white flowing skirt, ivory vest and a pair of these little beauties from Dorothy Perkins. These really are the most versatile of shoes withe their neutral shade and cute cross band buckle. The heel is mid-height so they are practical but the slight platform gives them an on-trend edge. They are currently on sale for £28.00.


Once you have your whiter than white canvas all you have to do is accessorize it up to the hilt. I recommend pearls, dusky pink corsages and diamante brooches to keep it classic. If you want to do something a bit different however this ruffle detail parasol will certainly set you apart from the crowd. Brace yourselves for the price because at £107.66 from Brollies Galore this is without doubt an investment piece that you will need to take tender loving care of. If you can't quite stretch to that for such an obscure item you can of course pick up low-cost versions on the likes of ebay or opt for a pair of white lace gloves instead which are just as chic and very cheap.

13 comments:

fashionpersonality said...

Nice outfit goes perfect with the ruffle detail parasol for summer. Stylish!

Unknown said...

I love that umbrella! Ruffles, on an umbrella... I love it!

Marcella said...

I would love to go to an occasion where I could carry an umbrella like that!

Jill said...

That umbrella is SOOOOO cute! I love ruffles.

Louise said...

Wow, I love those shoes, and that umbrella is just plain gorgeous!

I've added you to my links :).

xoxo

Abby said...

All I can think of is the chocolate.... nice shoes!
Anti-aging products should be used to make the best of what people have, not to become miraculously younger. If anyone actually believed that they could do what they claim to do, they'd be disappointed. ^_^

Kel said...

Thanks for your lovely comments on my crazy quilting. Your blog is great fun, I love it!!
Kel

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

That jacket is gorgeous! I am waiting for my kids to wake up so we can hunt for the eggs - I could do with some chocolate about now :) Have a great Easter.

Annisa NF said...

I love those stuff. Nice picks :D

xo

sophia said...

This umbrella is adorable I dont know how anyone would use it but it is so cute.

my-vogue said...

The white jacket is really nice - classy and elegant. I love Mango style as it looks so European and different

The Snarky Narwhal said...

Thank you so much for the lovely comment, I appreciate it!! :)

cotedetexas said...

What a cute blog you have!!! Thank you for your comment on mine!
Joni