CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday 26 April 2009

Smart/Casual The Carrie Way


Now I know that this will be an unpopular thing to say because of the way things turned out with Big but until the whole post-it-note-break-up-incident I had rather high hopes for Carrie and Burger. Just like her he was quick-witted and quirky and whilst she was dating him she wore some of the sweetest little outfits. My favourite has to be the Blazer and Tee combo.


Start with a jacket that's got really nice lines to it, preferably in a nice neutral colour like cream, nude or beige. Our favourite is this cream tuxedo jacket by Principles. It is available at House of Fraser for just 25.00 and will smarten up any trouser and tee outfit you care to put together.




There are lots of Mickey Mouse T shirts on the high street and online but sometimes the shapes can be quite unflattering. My favourite is this little blue beauty available from Amazon for a mere $18.99. Because it's blue it will stop the outfit from looking too washed out and it's just as chic as the one Carrie wears in the series once you get the blazer over it.





If you're not a Disney fan, you can make this look work with any casual T shirt! I picked this one up from TopShop for just £18.00. My boyfriend wasn't too impressed with the slogan but if he would just give in and spend more time taking me shoe shopping and less time playing Street Fighter on Xbox Live I wouldn't have to resort to such drastic measures to get my point across!

7 comments:

Aspire Style said...

That is a very cute look - perfect for this time of year now we all have our boyfriend blazers. The blue mickey mouse tee would also look cute with a frayed denim mini skirt and perhaps an acid yellow boyfriend cardi on top.

Unknown said...

this is my top5 of carrie outfit, mickey mouse + tuxedo jacket love it!!

Fashion Personality said...

I love your great find. Blazer with mickey hidden inside. Smart yet cute looking.

Dream Sequins said...

I'm really into the cream colored blazer as well... Just posted an interview with a London-based designer who makes a devastatingly cut cream blazer!

myvogue said...

That is a very cute outfit and a very sweet post, too :)

Marsi @ The Cottage Cheese said...

I really loved Carrie's chemistry with Burger too! Great I heart Geeks tee.

Unknown said...

The jacket is so good. Thanks for sharing.