CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday 2 April 2009

Pretty in Pink

Pretty In Pink

Carrie was an expert at making pink hues work for her and why shouldn't we get a bit girly from time to time and go for the dolly bird look? It worked well for Barbie!

Start your look with a bold pink dress. This Jasper Garvida Cocktail Dress from Oli is just the job with it's capped sleeves and fitted shape it looks sexy without the need for showing off two much flesh. The flared skirt is perfect for disguising tummies or wide hips and it also brings a nice balance to the shape of your silhouette. The dress costs £70.00 so is definitely more of an investment piece, but the shape is timeless so you will be wearing this for years to come!

Keep it candy with these gorgeous muted pink shoes from Dorothy Perkins. The shade of these shoes is just adorable and the platform design will alleviate the strain the heel puts on your feet, providing some much-needed relief for those long nights out on the dance floor. The shoes cost just £35.00 and are vesatile enough to ensure you get your money's worth.

Accent all your plush pink hues with some white and cream accessories to keep things subtle. We love this braided white stud belt from American Eagle Outfitters. The soft braided leather makes it so Carrie Bradshaw and at just $29.50 it's an absolute bargain for your ever-expanding closet!

10 comments:

myvogue said...

The outfit from the article is really cute and feminine, but I like exactly that dress that Carrie wears, because of the pockets. I love this style of "Italian pockets". If you find such dress, no matter the color, please please post it online.

parisa said...

thank you for your comments and following my blog!

Your blog is so cute!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for following my blog :) I really love yours.. perfect layout and great posts!

xoxoxo

Dream Sequins said...

I used to be a total girly girl into pinks and creams, and then something happened-- I totally bought into the whole idea of wearing black black black everyday, everytime. Now I'm trying to re-introduce color into my wardrobe, and this is definitely inspirational. Although I am not sure I would be able to get away with head to toe pink. Maybe those pink platform shoes?

Unknown said...

I love this post! Pink is my fav color.

Brandy said...

A friend of mine showed me your blog and I fell in love with it. I'll definitely be visiting to check out what new fabulous thing you've found.

Holly Joy said...

Saw a Plurk about your blog and had to come see it! WONDERFUL! I made doggie clothes and actually have an "If Carrie Bradshaw had a dog" outfit!

Love those pink SHOES!!!

Single Lady said...

Thank you all for the lovely posts, I'm really enjoying connecting with you all over our individual loves! I only have one question...what on earth is a Plurk? It sounds fabulous! :o)

Cari said...

Adorable shoes!!!! http://isnotfashion.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

the pink dress is a dream I want it!!
great blog ;-)